Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Watching Indonesia Indah show at Imax theatre while accompanying my
children during their holidays yesterday made my mind wander back
ironically.

Indonesia, the wonderland, that was potrayed beautifully in that movie,
but.. sad thing that its just only a movie?

This movie was produced back in 1984 by the order of madame Tien
Soeharto (The late first lady) as the originator, This Movie recalled
all my memories about what had happened in mid 80?s , The precise
depiction of Indonesia?s circumstances during my teenage years.

Its really touched my emotions and honestlydown deep inside my heart, I
did wish Indonesia now is as beautiful as they illustrated it.

On contrary, at present. We all realize the reality like : Indonesia?s
natural resources (forest, sea, agriculture, mining energy) are in
their critical points,
Its survival is merely depend on us, isnt it pathetic?

Can we recover and resurge?

Can you guess what if we filmed Indonesia in our present condition?
What will we see? deforestation due to Illegal logging, Trafficking
(the
illegal and highly profitable goods transport ), untrained women labor
abroads, bankrupt mining industry, Collution, nepotism ( not to mention
the act of comedy by some presidents after Suharto?s regime fallen ),
what else? . Corruption, poverty?

Should it be the portray of our next ?Indonesia Indah? movie? or shall
it be titled ?The Crying Nation? ?

Please forgive my un-patriotic cynicism about our suffering country? I
remember one quotes by Malcolm X : ? You're not to be so blind with
patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who
does it or says it.?

No comments: